Leeds Survivor Led Crisis Service offers high quality, person centred, radical and innovative services to people experiencing mental health crisis.
- To provide an alternative to statutory services within a homely environment.
- To provide a place of sanctuary at times of immediate crisis.
- To provide an holistic, non judgemental, non directive, empathic and respectful service to our visitors and callers.
- To involve visitors and callers at all levels of the organisation and in all aspects of its development.
- To support individuals to recognise and develop their own strategies for crisis prevention and management and to address isolation and its associated problems.
- To provide a place where visitors can utilise their own experience to assist themselves and others through the sharing of problems, alternatives and solutions.
- To work in partnership with other service providers whilst maintaining confidentiality and our position as a radical, different and alternative service.
- To provide value for money, cost effective services of demonstrable and consistent quality.
- To provide a nurturing and supportive workplace, which demonstrates a valuing of staff (paid and voluntary) and supports their personal and professional development.
- To promote our service and its philosophy, disseminate our practice and share experience.