Leeds Suicide Bereavement Service offers a safe space to talk and get practical guidance.
Anyone can use our services. For example, if you:
- Have lost anyone to suicide, such as: a friend, colleague or family member; someone you know professionally or an acquaintance
- Think someone ended their own life, even if an inquest has not been held or did not determine suicide as cause of death
- Have been affected by suicide but do not identify as bereaved, e.g. if you witnessed a death
- Were affected by a suicide months, years or decades ago
Leeds Suicide Bereavement Service provides peer support to people of any age including children. All of our practitioners are bereaved by suicide and therefore understand the impact a bereavement by suicide can have.
We also provide workplace support or training.
Referrals (which can be self or professional) can be made by using the referral forms on the website. We aim to respond within three working days.
Leeds Suicide Bereavement Service is run by Leeds Mind in partnership with Leeds Survivor-Led Crisis Service.
For anyone outside of Leeds, Leeds Mind also have their sister service, West Yorkshire Suicide Bereavement Service, covering Bradford, Craven, Kirklees, Huddersfield, Calderdale and Wakefield.
Both services can be contacted via:
- Email: SBS@leedsmind.org.uk
- Phone: 0113 305 5800 (Leeds Mind reception)